What we do
Cavis is an innovative start-up company supplying invasive cardiology care units with a unique device for improved control and safety.
The significant benefit of pressure measurements has been proven in a number of landmark studies e.g. FAME studies defining the state-of-the-art in the cath lab.
Pressure measurement-guided percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) has been shown to reduce the incidence of major adverse coronary events (MACE) in patients suffering from coronary artery disease. Compared to angiography alone, study results demonstrated that pressure measurements can:
- Reduce patient mortality and myocardial infarction
- More accurately identify hemodynamically significant lesions
- Reduce procedure costs
Cavis was founded 2015 and is based in Uppsala, Sweden, the birthplace of pressure wires.
• 20+ years in the life science industry, focused on transactions involving licensing, acquisitions and divestment.
• Co-founder of biotechs including Cinclus Pharma, Gesynta Pharma, Cormorant Pharmaceuticals and Buzzard Pharmaceuticals. Cormorant was successfully divested to BMS in 2016.
• Co-founder and former CEO of Cormorant Pharmaceuticals AB
• Other positions include CEO of Sixera Pharma AB, VP Medical Strategy and Innovation at Camurus AB, and board positions at OxThera, Atrogi, AddBio
• 15+ years experience in development, project management, production, procurement, quality, complaints and clinical evaluations of pressure wires.
• 10 years experience in several fields of high-tech product development and manufacturing.
• 20+ years experience in test development and validation, production, quality and clinical evaluations of pressure wires.
Our company takes sustainability seriously. As opposed to competing pressure wires, our device contains:
- No fluorocarbons (PTFE)
- No gold
- 20% less platinum compared to the market-leading device (Platinum is needed for radiopacity)
- Minimum amount of components needing resource consuming manufacturing
- Minimum amount of packaging material